Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Prayer

I used to consider myself a good prayer warrior, but last year I don't remember praying all that much, I'm ashamed of that fact. Sure I prayed when someone asked me to, or if I needed something but to actually pray daily because that's what Jesus asks us to do, shamefully, I did not. Last year was sort of a weird year, even though I didn't pray much, I still felt like God was with me, I guess you can say I didn't really feel like I was missing much, until I started praying diligently again, man talk about feeling like you were totally disconnected. It kinda felt like, when you talk to an old friend you haven't spoken with for a long time, you know that, "man I can't believe how much I have missed you" kinda feeling, yea that's the one. I realized how much I truly missed Him. So with all that said and done this year I have rededicated myself to daily diligent prayer and I can tell you it already feels good, like we are truly making up for lost time, that Merciful Forgiving Father and I.

Can I offer up a challenge for you? Well OK, if you insist, try it, pray it, whatever you want, just talk with God, everyday diligently even if it's only a week at a time and you will see what you've been missing, because when you finally look back then you will see that one week will turn into a month, then before you know its been a year and you and God are back in touch, it really is a wonderful feeling.

Lord, thank you for loving and forgiving me no matter what. I am truly grateful for endless opportunities you give me to stay in touch with you.

Michelle

No comments: