Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday Update

Wow I can't believe that it has been 2 weeks since I last posted. Time flies, the weather here has been kinda weird. One of our boys (the 8 year old)got hit right in the corner of his eye with a plastic bebe, so that was a trip to the ER but thankfully he is fine and we were in and out in about 2.5 hours which is great for an ER if you ask me. He ended up with just a bruised eyeball so he had to wear a patch and use an antibacterial ointment, but he thought it was cool to look like a pirate. His vision should be fine and I'm happy to report he is back to his sweet little ole self again, thank God.

I am still reading my "read in a year chronological bible", I have to say I really love it. I read an NIV all the way through last year, but this one definatley makes way more sense and did I mention I love it.

Let's see what can I say about the past two weeks, well my uncle had major surgery a week ago yesterday, and the surgery went well, but they are having trouble getting him off the respirator so prayers would be appreciated about that. My mothers family (all her brothers and sisters)flew in for the surgery, from Florida and Nebraska and it was nice to see them all again, but it's weird to see how old we are all getting. They all wanted to be here for their brother and my mother. She is the oldest of them all and she has been through a lot latley, actually for about the past 7 years, that's when my little sister was diagnosed with leukemia and died 6 months later and left her 2 kids to my mother and she is no spring chicken, I wouldn't call 68 that old by today's standards, but I know it has been hard on her. Well they have all gone back home now, but it was nice to visit with them while they were all here, you just never know when the last time you will see someone will be so cherish those family moments as much as you can.

We had a couple snow days within the last 2 weeks, which was fun, but why we had a snow day this past Tuesday, I have no idea. Well we do live in the country so I'm sure some of the back roads where way more slippery that the main ones, but now the kids will have to make up 3 snow days, and winter has just really started around here, we may have school through June, but better safe than sorry.

Well this post has been a little boring, but I figured I better write something before my 2 followers abandon me. I am working on a Five Friday Favrites and I will try to get that up today or else it might just be a Five Saturday Favorites, I hope Susan over at Living to Tell the Story doesn't get upset with me. Well I'm off here for now, God Bless and have a safe trip home or wherever you are going this afternoon.

Michelle

No comments: