Saturday, November 27, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving (late)

I hope  you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, we did.  My first time cooking for 20 people went well, I got lots of compliments from my family and my sister even said everything looked very nice and Martha Stewart would be proud of me.  I am just thankful my family still loves me after all this, let's just say I haven't been the nicest person to be around lately, I was just a little stressed but it all went over well without a hitch.  I really couldn't have done it without my Mom and my girls (19 & 12) they helped me alot with the prep and cleaning.  My husband said he had a really good time and all my food was good.  I might have to do it again next year if my husband and kids think they can deal with me over all this again, but I have asked for forgiveness and it has been given to me, but next year it won't be so bad, I just wanted everything to be perfect for my first time, so I don't think (at least I hope) it will be as stressful next year.  This was our menu:
Turkey and Ham
Sweet Potato Casserole
Broccoli Casserole
Green Beans
Corn
Mashed Potatoes
Deviled Eggs (mom made)
Dressing (mom made)
Homemade noodles (m-i-l & f-i-l made)
Giblet gravy (mom made)
Dinner Rolls
Pumpkin Pie
Homemade Pecan Pie
Cherry Cheesecake
Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks and wine
I believe that was all, but anyway it was all good.

Here are a few pictures that I took;







1 comment:

Faith said...

Your Thanksgiving sounds like it went really well!! I, too, had to cook for lots of people (19 originally but only 17 showed up). I was STRESSED because my fil and mil are so darn picky and they don't know the Lord so I was even stressing about what my hubby was gonna pray! I finally decided that we will just be ourselves. And even my hubby prayed the way HE wanted to/felt led to, and no one complained (like in previous years). The holidays CAN be stressful. I read your comment on my latest post and I love your idea about the cup of tea and just admiring the tree. Sounds perfect. I might try that on Friday nite after our tree is up :)
I am so glad to get to know thru the blogging thing. Let's keep in touch and lift each other up.
Have a great rest of the week! If you have never joined in for the Friday Fave Five, I encourage you to do so...you can find out about it on my blog. just click on the link for the blog called "Living to Tell the Story" and tell Susanne that Faith sent ya :)