Thursday, February 25, 2010

What's Up

Good Morning All!  I have been busy getting this blog set up a little better, it's still a work in progress though, so please be patient with me.

I just signed up for blog sneeze, you can get free books to read, just click on the icon at the bottom of this page.  I love to read and now I get to do it for free.

No onto personal business...
I gave up facebook for Lent, it may sound wimpy but it's not for me, it was where I would always go when I was bored, when I should have been feeding my soul with God's word I would play those silly games and catch up on the gossip of my friends.  It hasn't been difficult up until today, I have been a little tempted but I haven't caved yet so I would say that was progress.  I am so excited about this Lent season, and getting my soul ready for Easter.  I think of it as a cleansing process, I get all this junk and dirt built up in my soul (when in reality I should make all year the Lenten season) and then the Lenten season comes and it brings a new passion for the cleansing, it's a wonderful feeling to know that I can always turn to my Lord to get some help with spring cleaning my soul. I just feel giddy and I get butterflies in my stomach when I think of Easter and the wonderful blessing that God has bestowed in my life.  I am off on Good Friday (I work at the church that I attend so it comes with the job) so I plan to watch The Passion of the Christ on that day, it's always a good reminder for me to watch that movie and then I go through a range of emotions, I cry, get angry, smile so on and so on, but I still love it and I will continue to make it a Good Friday tradition for me and my family.

So what did you give up for Lent?  What are some things you want to work on this Lenten season?  I would love to hear from you, so leave a comment.  God Bless and may we enjoy each day of this most precious time of the year!

Michelle

No comments: